Wind Farm Maintenance Support Technician
Salary: Competitive and based on experience
Benefits of company vehicle, contributory pension, medical and life insurance
The B9 Energy group of Companies develops and operates renewable energy projects throughout the UK and Ireland and B9 Energy O&M Ltd is the UK and Ireland’s largest independent wind farm Operation and Maintenance Company. Due to continued expansion, we wish to appoint an additional Maintenance Support Technician.
The role of Maintenance Support Technician would be to support the Maintenance Support Engineer in specific projects and the successful candidate will be required to provide technical assistance to help to resolve ongoing issues or to implement improvements. We are looking for candidates who have a technical background in mechanical and or electrical systems, preferably in a turbine discipline. Some knowledge in the following areas would be an advantage:
· Working knowledge of gearbox inspections.
· Working knowledge of specialised equipment such as vibration analysis, borescope and thermal imaging.
· Proficient in analytical fault finding
· Can assess with the resolution of onsite technical issues and implement technical improvements
· Assist in main component replacements
· Identify and specifying tooling requirements
· Can conduct technical auditing / assessments
· Preparation of reporting templates and other technical documentation
· Can develop and deliver specific in house technical training.
· Has worked in a health and safety focused environment.
Candidates should be IT literate with a strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite. Experience in heavy lifting operations within the wind industry would also be advantageous.
Candidates should have a minimum of a professional qualification or equivalent experience in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline. For this position a full driving licence is essential, as is the ability to travel in the UK and Ireland for periods as the job requires.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please download the application form from the link provided and submit this with an up to date CV by the closing date advertised.
B9 Energy O&M Ltd
Millbrook Industrial Estate
Co. Antrim BT40 2SF
Tel: 028 2826 3900
The closing date for completed application forms is 5 June 2015.
B9 Energy O&M Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.