Salary: £25,000 + £6,000 bonus linked to KPI's, benefits of non-contributory pension, medical and life insurance.
The B9 Energy group of Companies develops, operates and maintains renewable energy projects. B9 Energy O&M Ltd is the UK and Ireland’s largest independent wind farm Operation and Maintenance Company. Due to current and future contracts we currently wish to appoint an additional Wind Turbine Technician. This position is for wind farms in the Yorkshire and Cumbria area.
The principal duties of a Supervisor are:
· Direct supervision of the Cumbrian and Yorkshire site technicians
· Ensuring a high level of efficiency and effectiveness is achieved from the site technicians
· Ensuring a high quality of work so that a site(s) turbine availability of 95% or more is achieved excluding events that are not in B9’s control
· Monitor, record and report Monthly on key events affecting turbine availability
· Pro-actively identify spares that are required to ensure stock availability against knowledge and historic faults
· Ensure a preventative maintenance plan is created and maintained to the highest standards
· Creating and reporting of return to service plans
· Identify and implement improvements and best practice
· Keeping to minimum technician overtime.
· Manage and report all Operation & Maintenance work flow and planning and identify training needs
· Managing of one or more employees in the event of absence and/or vacation with support from the Account Manager
· Report all events that affect the performance of the site to the Account Manager
· Attend Operation meetings with the client when required
· Support the Account Manager during appraisals for the site technicians
· Achieving WTSR authorisations
· Work to agreed KPI’s based on responsibilities
Candidates must have a minimum of an NVQ level 3 in an electrical and/or mechanical engineering discipline’s and experience in an electro/mechanical engineering environment.
For this position a full driving licence is essential as is a good degree of physical fitness because the nature of the work and environment. The candidates must also be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft office and word.